Client Healthcare Analyst
Axial Healthcare is seeking an experienced, healthcare analyst with strong SQL skills, who can provide enterprise-wide technical, operational, reporting, and analytical expertise. Ideally, this is an extremely analytical, individual-contributor role requiring initiative, independence and drive, an ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and an ability to perform a wide variety of duties. As an analytical specialist, this role will provide critical standard and ad-hoc business analysis and reporting of metrics.
- Analyze medical, lab/pharmacy claims data to identify trends, pinpoint issues/areas for improvement, and recommend solutions & alternatives.
- Summarize and synthesize data and information from multiple sources, interpret and translate findings into meaningful information and actionable results.
- Execute analyses and prepare presentations on healthcare cost drivers and utilization trends to customers.
- Assist in quality control analysis to ensure client satisfaction and performance guarantees are met and/or exceeded.
- Produce ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses.
- Execute prospective client analyses with focus on identifying specific opportunities and assisting related business development activities.
- Provide business analysis and development support for core healthcare analytic solutions supporting internal and external customers.
- Monitor the accuracy, completeness and validity of reporting prior to distribution and ensure the integrity of data through ongoing analysis.
- 3+ years of experience working as an analyst in the healthcare industry.
- Expertise in developing complex, legible and well-structured scripts and queries in SQL.
- Advanced analytic skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data through complex analysis.
- Experience working with large data repositories and/or relational databases.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Experience with BI Toolsets and multiple SQL dialects preferred.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- A qualified candidate will never accept the first answer, this person will always seek to better understand and love asking “why?”
- Ability to not only perform the analysis but develop the story that supports the analysis; a keen ability to articulate the “so what” findings.
- Understand the nuance between various lines of business, benefit plan designs and provider reimbursement structures.
- Strong leadership qualities, organization, and a history of leading/working in cross-functional teams.
- Develop intimate knowledge of customer relationships/needs/nuances that can be leveraged in analytical value delivery.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in both technology and business environments.
- Strong customer service and positive attitude.