Director of Business Development
Reporting directly to the Chief Growth Officer, the Director of Business Development will create, refine and foster client partnerships aimed at winning new business while expanding existing relationships. This role assists in developing and facilitating the initial sales and proposal process, including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations.
- Assist in formulating proposals in conjunction with team members across functional groups.
- Assist in developing a budget and price estimate using standard models.
- Lead the development and updating of customer-relationship management solutions, defining roles and responsibilities and the scope of work for each client opportunity with expected timelines and next steps.
- Draft the narrative that ties solutions components together, and package and assist in presenting the proposal to prospective clients.
- Communicate back to internal groups the outcome of proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group, i.e. clear details, critical timeframes and expectations.
- Collaborate with the operations and finance groups to evaluate performance and to recommend refinements and improvements of all components of proposals.
- Track and report on the status of all proposal components.
- Establish and maintain on-going client relationships to anticipate and resolve potential problems. Participate in site visits.
- Support other business development team members.
- Participate in activities needed to support the management functions of the team.