Senior Project Manager
axialHealthcare is seeking a Proven Project Leader experienced with encompassing large complex mission critical projects to join our team as a Senior Project Manager. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Our idea candidate will manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. This position is full-time and provides competitive salary and benefits.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand the project or initiative.
- Interview all stakeholders to ensure comprehensive view of the Risks, Issues, Actions, and Decisions needed to successfully achieve project goals.
- Break complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled. Use this information to develop and maintain detailed project plan that is updated continuously throughout the life of the project.
- Serve as a change agent in the organization, making the project goals their own.
- Leverage interpersonal skills / expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within the team.
- Leverage a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques that can be adapted to the context and constraints of each project.
- Provide day-to-day project coordination, planning and implementation of multiple projects from initial planning across all project activities, project status meetings, design and review sessions, technical reviews, testing, implementations, post implementation review for lessons learned and continued improvement.
- Manage project risk and successfully removes barriers or escalates risks/issues to leadership to be addressed as needed.
- Executive reporting project status to management, business unit project sponsor and other key business leaders as needed. Effectively communicate with executive leaders regarding the project strategy, timeline, scope, and resources, appropriately escalating project risks and issues as needed.
- Track and manage all tasks as identified in project meetings and discussions, sending reminders and relentlessly following through until complete. Successfully manage the minute details of the day to day tasks for a given project.
- Develop and maintain key project deliverables: RAID log, business case, project charter, RASIC, Kickoff, detailed work plan, project schedule, Master Project Plan and schedule, Governance structure, coordinates any required team training, Communication plans, Project tracking, Project status reports, executive reporting, meeting minutes and all tasks associated with project meetings.
- Work with the business unit on long term strategies to better use technology and to promote / champion process improvement initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Project Leader, Project Manager type position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven Project Leader experience encompassing large complex mission critical projects.
- PMP Certification, preferred.
- Organized, passionate and goal-oriented.
- Ability to effectively facilitate group discussion to cull out the specific detailed criteria and dependencies in order to develop a comprehensive sustainable plan that achieves project goals.
- Ability to shift readily between the “big picture” and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Ability to work well under pressure and is comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Ability to cultivate the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project’s stakeholders: its sponsors, those who will make use of the project’s results, those who command the resources needed, and the project team members.
- Enjoys the organized adrenaline of new challenges and the responsibility of driving business results.